The Astronomical Society of the Pacific is an international non-profit scientific and educational organization, founded in 1889, that works to increase understanding and appreciation of astronomy:
- by uniting the interests and expertise of astronomers, educators, and astronomy enthusiasts;
- by providing resources and tools to assist educators at all levels;
- by recognizing and honoring extraordinary contributions to astronomy and astronomy education;
- by disseminating the results of astronomical research to the astronomical community; and
- by communicating the excitement of astronomy to educators and the general public.